Three main purposes to this short (really!) and hopefully sweet post:
- THANK YOU! I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who may have checked out purposefulmovement in 2017 (or anytime, really!). I very much appreciate your reading, sharing, commenting and reflecting – I hope you found as much joy in doing so as I do writing these. 2017 brought over 6,000 views and over 4,000 visitors to the site and so…
- I wanted to break down the posts from this past year in order of views and share the top 6 (see below) because…
- In 2018 I’d love to have your input into the types of topics, issues and reflections you’d like to see tackled here on purposefulmovement. Is there a piece of research (or topic) that needs exploring? A current post that needs revisiting or expanding? A news item or social media post that requires a response? Let me know here and I’ll do my best to cover some of these in 2018!
I will, of course, keep writing posts as the spirit moves me! Right now I am percolating a number of post topics including reflective practice, failure, the ‘cutting’ debate (response to another blog), professional growth (I found some of my old papers from undergrad!) and an update (overdue, as usual) to the physical literacy series. As well, I hope to have a few guest blogs featured – stay tuned!
Check out the Top 6 posts below, let me know what you might want to read and I wish you all the best for 2018!
TOP 6 POSTS in 2017
- Teaching for Meaning in Physical Education. The title pretty much gives the topic here – 976 views
- Cuts like a knife – but it feels so… Post about the issue of cutting kids in sport – 677 views
- What the Health? The importance of health and physical education to our kids, schools and society – 372 views
- Something is very wrong… A response (from back in 2015!) to school ‘banning’ certain types of physical activity (from cartwheels to soccer balls to tag) – 356 views
- Delightful Physical Education. A cross post from the most excellent LAMPE blog – 269 views
- Purposeful Teaching – My Philosophy. Again, the title is pretty much the post (except for there are more words in the post…) – 223 views
Thanks again for popping in and reading what’s on my mind and heart!
May 2018 bring you success, failure, growth and joy.